Betty's List Departments
Betty's List Columns
The Betty Blog
Welcoming the New Year, the New Decade
May My Stars All Come Out . . .
Welcoming 2010, the New Year and New Decade!
Near ‘bout impossible. Tis the likelihood that I might overstate, from this vantage point, just how weird a year 2009 has been.
From its strange beginnings with a botched effort to enjoy a curtain call party at MECCA on New Year’s Eve a year ago . . . when the girlfriend literally walked out and left me sitting there . . . to colleagues who have disappeared overnight or ignored invoices or wallowed in indecision . . . to complaints worthy of a Baptist from the Midwest made by an SF club manager about our “too go-go” star dancer and “too loud” music, to being told “get out of my life” to one unexpected turn of events after another all the way to losing a suitemate while cruising the Caribbean Sea, to losing my favorite ring to . . . What more need I say, and there is a lot more . . . but . . . ouch!
What’s worked, however, has worked oh so well . . . outstanding outdoor adventures, the launch of new venues for Ladies Night, a birthday bash I won’t soon forget, outstanding Smart Women business networking evenings all over the Bay Area, and terrific events for Singles led by Chef Amy Shaw . . . there you have it! There were some bright spots amidst the dim and grim.
And I think the year’s highlight may be happening this very night at Ondine in Sausalito where our sold out crowd is set to enjoy an elegant New Year’s Eve Dinner, Dance & Celebration with our featured guests: Twilight Vixen Revue burlesque, jazz artist Shelley Kutilek and DJ Tina Silano from New York City. Olivia’s Tisha Floratos who will moderate the evening wearing her boa, while I hope to sit back and enjoy . . .
My resolution? Once again, hit the treadmill. I discovered yesterday there were none of those peel and stick stars in my desk drawer to reward myself with by affixing one to each date on my calendar when I’ve done a workout of any sort. What? No stars!? But, not to worry as the supply is now replenished and away go I to the land of exercise once more . . . long walks, Gold’s Gym, treadmill, more. One potato, two potato, three potato, four.
Goodbye and good riddance to 2009 . . . an odd, odd-numbered year was she! Hail the New Year lads and lasses, fa la la la la, la la la laaaaaaa!
Graphic Source: Unknown
Entered by BettyS 1:55 AM
- Miss Callie Louise Has a Great Granddaughter
- Of Security, Preparedness & Wingwomen I Love
- How I Understand My Work . . .
- Ladies Night - 1st Thurdays
- Welcoming the New Year, the New Decade
- At Least on Some Days, It Is Good To Be from Mississippi
- Pumpkins Are at the Safeway . ..
- Of Culkin Wildcats . . .
- January's Come In with a Bang Thus Far . . .
- Ladies Night @ Orson
- Olde Year Out, Adieu! Adieu! – Welcome Now The New! The New!
- Gratitude & Wishes At Christmas Eve & Hanukkah
- Dissenting Voices on Election Day
- Halloween Revisited
- Single Again on Valentine's Day
- The Cat Peed on the Keyboard . . .
- Saying Goodbye . . . Legacy of 2007
- A Toast to Reno and the 45th Annual "Fun Train" . . . Or
- How I Spent Thanksgiving II
- How I Spent Thanksgiving
- Unbelievable . . . And So It Goes
- Ladies Night at MECCA Is Back!
- My Old Cat, Miss Frances Calico
- Out from Mississippi . . . Presented at the Memorial for Trevor Hailey
- Why Do I Love the Pumpkins?
- Now There Is a Lava Lamp Over My Head
- May the Goddess Bless Mrs. Audrey Kinzer
- Should I Not Support Hillary Clinton . . .
- Live Earth Concerts
- Showing My True Colors . . .
- Lamentations Sometimes . . .
- Mongolian Vodka, May & Masturbation Month
- Of Birthdays, Birthdays and More Birthdays!
- When Unexpected Friendship Comes . . .
- Megablogging on the Day of Hunky Jesus
- There Is No Map for Where We Go . . .
- Time To Be Irish, Again
- How I Got My Sore Ribcage
- How I Told My Brother That I'd Be Working with Team GV
- Natalie Says She's Ready to Make Nice
- Kitty Rose on My Mind
- Betty Says: GO BEARS!!!
- Molly Ivins, Texas & "The Dildo Diaries"
- Don't Know Much About . . . Horses
- Seek Joy! Joy in the Morning! Joy at Night!
- Don't Often Write About Celebrities
- Words to Remember When Working with Gay Men
- Abundance in the Window
- Is Betty a Lesbian?
- So Many Women, So Little Time
- Starting the Year Off with A Rant
- Mississippi & Castro Memories on the Night Before
- Christmas Memories from Round About Culkin
- 'Tis the Season, Isn't It?
- She Sang at Least Six Verses to Us
- "I.M.P.E.A.C.H." Bush!" Signs Outside the SaveMart Arena
- Maybe I Do Act Like a Teenager About Them
- Yes, It's True That I Like to Write
- Juneau What I Mean About Losing Stuff?
- When Disappointment Becomes Disbelief and Then Some
- It's Almost Halloween Again . . .
- Miss Louise Might Be Turning Over in Her Grave
- Peaks So High, They Touch the Hands of . . . the Goddess
- Seeking Another Filthy / Gorgeous Ghetto Princess
- Upon My Return from Brokeback Mountain
- Sometimes I Am Easily Amused
- And So It Goes . . . There Go the Pickles
- Neither Storm of Night, nor Terrorists, nor Cancellations . . .
- You'll Never Bike Alone
- When Love Manifests Itself in Friendship . . .
- January - June, 2006
- St. Patrick's Day - 2006
- Single Again on Valentine's Day
- 2006 Archive
- 2005 Entries